"Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." - James
I live in luxury.
Columbia Heights is a great place to live. Vibrant, hip, up-and-coming.
I live among much need.
Columbia Heights is a place of great tension. Changing landscape. Changing population.
When we moved into this home, our landlord told us specifically to be aware of what is happening in our neighborhood. She challenged us to engage in those issues.
Keeping that in mind, I am also convicted to consider the poverty that surrounds me.
If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?
What sort of neighborhood do you live in?
So true. Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete