Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One of my favorite TED Talks

I decided not to post this on Facebook. Facebook is too public. People may think I'm too much a feminist. People might say, "oh, she's one of them, now." 
But I feel protected posting on this blog. This blog is more hidden. People have to search to find it. On this blog, only a handful of people would see it, not my 897 Facebook Friends. 

All of this is ironic, because what I want to write about is Sheryl Sandberg's TED Talk. Her talk about women standing up and being seen. I know it's a bit dated, but I really believe this stuff. 

If you have 15 minutes, sit back and watch...

Memorable quote:
"Success and likability are positively correlated for men and negatively correlated for women." 

My takeaway:
I want to keep my foot on the gas pedal and keep my hand up as long as everyone else.

3 comments:

  1. Love. Both the talk and your takeaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring. Thanks for sharing Roya. Great to hear these type of talks for motivation. The thing about the reason for success and how women attribute theirs to others really stuck with me...

    Lets keep our hands up ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RZ, always love your thoughts and insight. Hope to catch up with you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete