Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Here I go

This is it. This is my last night at home until I transition into a very new and different home.

I can't help but to feel a little jittery, but more than that, I'm excited. One of the (many) things I look forward to is discovering what Cambodia "sounds" like. At my training week in DC, we played around with new audio recording systems that we will use while abroad. They want us to record the ambiance of our city/country to be used for podcasts, etc. I think that's a super-cool idea.

Who knows what these next 10 months will look like. I'm just so thankful that I have a God who's given me such an awesome opportunity such as this! Also, I rest in the fact that He's gone before me and will be with me and will never leave me or forsake me (Deuteronomy 3:18). With that and all the encouragement and prayer from friends, I feel good :)

2 comments:

  1. Roya! I wonder where you are now..at 1:18 AM Seattle time? I hope the flight went well, and that it wasn't too boring. I love you lots! Exactly as you said, God has gone before you, and will go with you all the days of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roya! The digital recorders are awesome for picking up the "sounds". In addtion to listening to you and Tierney chat, I did some recording of my own - of the roosters crowing outside my window at 4:30 in the morning. Fun!

    ReplyDelete