It took just an embrace to jump back into relationships with my friends;
It took one boat trip for my skin to turn four shades tanner;
It took many long breaths to completely let go of ties to my previous job;
It took one and a half weeks before I popped my first de-worming pill;
It took one good conversation and a return to journaling to appreciate a life without deadlines;
It took one decline before accepting an offer to volunteer with an organization;
It took a string of late nights in Singapore to catch a cold rough enough to put me out of commission;
It took a spontaneous trip to a province to be reminded of the kindness of a stranger.
Somehow I'm already here at Week 5, and people, there's no where else I'd rather be than in Cambodia.
Also, shout out to my dear-friend and host-extraordinaire in Cambodia, Karen. Go get 'em at your new job! They're lucky to have you.
So beautifully put, Roya. I'm so thankful you are embracing this adventure, and SO glad you're here.
ReplyDeleteWhatt?? you're in Cambodia already?? facebook told me you just got here!!!!
ReplyDeleteHere I am reading your blog. We ae so happy to have you back home (Cambodia). Thanks for spending 6 weeks. This is so meant to us. Love ya :)
ReplyDelete